“Travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living.” – Miriam Beard

Thursday, November 1, 2012

pirates really do exist

Here we are in Punta Cana and I can’t tell if I am going through jet lag or detox from lack of strong adult beverages, aussies can drink… after I slept for the first 48hours barely leaving the hotel room just to fall asleep on the lounge chairs by the pool I was back to myself and ridiculously tan! It was a typical Greenwood vaca with a lot of laughs pool time and food! The week went by all too fast, but my dad and me got to go on a snorkelling trip where we also go to pet some stingrays and swim with nurf sharks! I could not believe the devastation of the reef that we snorkels on, I’m not sure if it was just me coming from the Great Barrier reef and being spoiled, but there was nothing alive out there except for the occasional fish, not worth the money ☹ We had a pretty wild ride back to land when the alcohol started flowing and people started dancing, my dad and I were both not in the mood and were tired me especially, my body was so angry with me and had revolted and wanted me only to sleep for the next week. A drink started to be passed around by the very wild staff from what I could see it was a bunch of brownish leaves shoved into and old iced tea jug with some form of alcohol poured over it…I was now feeling it and neither was my dad, but island locals, they can be very persuasive so we accepted our cups and with one sip id be surprised if my taste buds would ever forgive me it was horrible, tasted as good as it looked and my dad agreed, he tossed his over board, the crew was astonished, lets just say we were asked to participate in any of the festivities for the rest of the trip back to the dock. The water was so beautiful and as we floated back to shore I wished my life could stay one long vacation, I could get used to living out of a suitcase and dealing with crazy adventures and amazing memories! It was a much needed vacation before heading home and back up to Maine to begin senior year of college…what adventures to come…

No comments:

Post a Comment