“Travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living.” – Miriam Beard

Friday, June 29, 2012

Home sweet home...

After our wild time in Fiji we were al very ready to make the long trip back home, To tell you the truth I do not remember the flight from Fiji to LAX, I think I slept the entire 14 hours, no lie! It was so surreal that we were headed home after 6 long months away and all the experiences we had and crazy memories we made! I knew before I even left that one day I had to come back! Australia was unlike any place in the world and fulfilling a lifelong dream was truly a dream come true I was so lucky to get the experience I would give everything to live it all over again! As we landed in LAX, everyone had warned us of reverse culture shock well taking our taxi to the next gate where me and Steph's connecting flight was I think I was slapped in the face with it! People were rude and didn't have australian accents it was beautiful and tropical surroundings I wanted to get back o the plane and head back. Me and Steph had a dinner in the airport still in shock that we were back in the United States and called our parents to let them know in just a short time we would see them! Me and Steph said goodbye and before I knew it I was on my flight from LAX to JFK to see my family!!! It was the longest 5 hours of my LIFE! Finally touched down and I could not get to them fast enough! What a crazy feeling it was seeing them after such a long time! It was good to be home now where was my dunkin doughnuts and Panera!? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment